Cathleen Green is an associate in SA&M's corporate and entertainment group. She focuses her practice on providing strategic counseling to various entertainment-based clients, including A+ level talent, production companies, and digital media companies in a broad array of corporate and entertainment transactions, with an emphasis in joint venture, finance, mergers and acquisitions, licensing, and endorsement/sponsorship transactions. Cathleen also has experience in general corporate matters, strategic partnerships and entity formation, start-up finance, regulatory compliance, and e-commerce.
Some of Cathleen's prior experience includes:
- Representing a globally recognized brand licensing business in various transactions, including license agreements, employment matters, equity incentive plans, and corporate governance.
- Representing apparel brands and fashion moguls in various transactions, including corporate finance and investments, licenses, brand collaborations, vendor agreements, affiliate marketing, entity formation and start-up financing, and corporate structuring.
- Representing production companies and entertainment executives in various transactions, including film finance and investments, acquisitions, development, consulting agreements, strategic partnerships, and entity formation.
- Directly advising clients on high-level strategy and business issues, as well as matters related to internet, privacy, compliance, PR, and corporate governance matters.
- Drafting and negotiating licenses for software and other intellectual property, as well as production, acquisition, and consulting agreements for entertainment, fashion, and digital media-related clients.
- Representing a global entertainment and media company in connection with unscripted productions, live events, sponsorships, and general corporate matters.
- Representing multiple entertainment financiers in connection with the finance, production, and distribution of various feature film projects.
- Representing a global audiobook and podcast company in connection with the sale of certain library assets.
- Served as Corporate Counsel of Onestop Internet Inc. (now Branded Online). In that capacity, she provided the company with general corporate guidance while also negotiating and drafting various multi-million dollar commercial contracts with globally recognized brands, including technology transactions, licensing agreements, marketing agreements, independent contractor agreements, and term sheets. Additionally, Cathleen provided the company with litigation and risk management counseling, including managing outside counsel, reviewing corporate insurance policies, providing employment law counseling, attending mediations, and negotiating settlement agreements.
- Served as Corporate Counsel to GDC Digital Cinema Network USA LLC, where she focused mainly on the expansion of theatrical digital projection in the U.S. and Latin America. Additionally, she performed due diligence to facilitate a large securities transaction with a Fortune 500 company.