Direct Voice/Fax/Text: 818.444.4529
Simon Leefatt is an Associate of the Firm.
Simon’s practice is focused on corporate transactions, including mergers, stock and asset acquisitions (buy-side and sell-side), equity and debt fundraising, joint ventures, commercial lending, intellectual property, technology transactions and venture capital investments. In addition to counseling his clients on a wide range of transaction types, Simon acts as external general counsel to emerging companies, providing guidance to C-suite executives and senior leadership on a broad range of legal matters such as regulatory compliance, corporate governance, risk mitigation and commercial contract negotiations.
Simon advises public and private company clients across various industries, including consumer goods, retail, information security, healthcare, media, entertainment, education services and technology. His broad background also includes advising distributed ledger and blockchain technology companies.
Practice & Experience
- Represented a publicly traded enterprise information management software company in its strategic acquisitions of cloud-based software and electronic discovery technology companies.
- Represented a publicly traded management consulting company in its strategic acquisitions of cyber defense and information technology companies.
- Represented a distributed ledger technology platform start-up in multiple rounds of equity financing.
- Represented an internationally recognized investment bank in connection with the spin-off of its strategic investments online platform business.
- Represented several internationally recognized investment banks in connection with their investment in a risk management software start-up company.
- Represented an energy company in its negotiation of a $110 million senior credit facility.
Education, Admissions And Accolades
- Admitted to practice law in the State of California and the District of Columbia
- J.D., Howard University School of Law
- M.M.S., Duke University, Fuqua School of Business
- B.S., Duke University