Jared Brenner is an Associate of the Firm.
Jared advises technology and media companies and their investors at all stages of growth, on matters including venture capital financings, complex licensing transactions, mergers and acquisitions, corporate governance, employee compensation, and securities law compliance. He has routinely served as outside general counsel for emerging companies in a variety of industries, including entertainment, education, life sciences, and finance.
Prior to joining the firm, Jared was an associate in the emerging companies and venture capital group at an AmLaw 100 international law firm in New York.
*Admitted to practice law in the State of New York and is pending admittance to the bar in the State of California
Practice & Experience
- Represented Andela, a talent accelerator and work placement program for elite African coders, in its Series B, C and D financings, led by investors including the Chan Zuckerberg Initiative and Generation Investment Management.
- Represented Stash, a financial technology platform revolutionizing investment and financial literacy across the U.S., in its Series C and D financings, led by Coatue Management and Union Square Ventures.
- Represented Decibel Therapeutics, a biotechnology company developing treatments for hearing loss, in its Series A, B and C financings, led by GV, Third Rock Ventures and Regeneron Pharmaceuticals.
- Represented UNTUCKit, a leading direct-to-consumer apparel brand, in its Series A financing, led by Kleiner Perkins.
- Represented Hilton in negotiating a multi-year exclusive co-branded credit card partnership with American Express.
- Represented a consortium of all U.S. equity exchanges and FINRA in implementing the Consolidated Audit Trail, an SEC-mandated program for efficient surveillance of capital markets.
Education, Admissions And Accolades
- J.D., Brooklyn Law School, cum laude
- B.A., The George Washington University
- Admitted to practice in New York