Chair of the Internet, Digital Media & Entertainment Practice
Direct Voice/Fax/Text: 818.444.4503
Greg Akselrud is a founder and Partner of the firm and a member of the firm’s executive committee. He Chairs the firm’s Internet, Digital Media and Entertainment Practice group.
Greg advises clients across a wide range of industries, including companies in the entertainment, digital media, Internet, technology, software, mobile, venture capital and consumer electronics industries.
Greg Akselrud has been an Adjunct Professor of Law at Loyola Law School, Los Angeles, teaching Business Planning I: Financing the Start-Up Business and Venture Capital Financing.
Insights & Features
Practice & Experience
- Acting as strategic counsel to individuals in the entertainment, digital media and sports industries (such as actors, directors, producers, music artists, athletes and digital influencers), and to film, television and digital media production companies, representing their interests in investment transactions, joint ventures and mergers and acquisitions
- Advising early stage and middle market companies, and venture capital firms, on a variety of matters, including venture capital and other financings, employee compensation, securities laws compliance, software licensing and other technology transactions, corporate governance, mergers and acquisitions, joint ventures and strategic alliances, and other general corporate matters
- Structuring commercial transactions and joint ventures worldwide (including Europe, Latin America and Asia) for the purpose of licensing software (and mobile applications), digital content and technology
Education, Admissions And Accolades
- B.A., University of California at Los Angeles
- J.D., Loyola Law School -graduated cum laude
- Admitted to practice law in the State of California