Practice Group Chair
The Firm’s tax practice is integrally involved in supporting and developing the Firm’s business and transactional practice. The Firm engages in tax planning in connection with:
- mergers, acquisitions and buyouts;
- restructurings and financings;
- executive compensation;
- partnership and limited liability company taxation;
- corporate taxation;
- taxation of real estate investments (including REITs);
- international matters (both inbound and outbound), representing both domestic and foreign companies and individuals.
The Firm handles disputes with the Internal Revenue Service and with the taxing agencies of California and other states, both for companies and for individuals, on a wide variety of issues.
The Firm also provides estate and tax planning advice and drafting of trusts and wills.