Kelly Siobhan Laffey is an associate of the firm.
Kelly’s practice focuses on advising emerging growth and middle market companies in the technology, digital, internet, interactive media (i.e., AR and VR), and entertainment industries. Kelly counsels clients on issues related to corporate governance and formation, venture capital and other financings, joint ventures, employee compensation, complex stockholder and operating agreements, securities law regulation and other general corporate matters. Kelly also advises investors and funds in connection with venture capital and other financings.
Kelly also counsels clients in connection with mergers and acquisitions matters, including asset and equity acquisitions and dispositions, cross-border transactions, spin-off transactions, secured lending transactions, financing restructurings and corporate reorganizations.
Drawing on her diverse work experience in the entertainment arena, including time spent with talent agencies, and music and television production companies, Kelly also assists on matters related to licensing, marketing, and exploitation of intellectual property rights.
Kelly received her B.A. in Media Studies and Organizational Communication from Emerson College in 2008 and her J.D. from Loyola Law School in 2013. She is admitted to practice law in the States of California and Missouri.
practice & experience
- Representation of venture capital fund in multiple preferred stock financings ranging from $2 million to $7 million.
- Representation of electrical infrastructure and maintenance software-as-a-service company in preferred stock financing and convertible note financing with an aggregate $1.8 million raise.
- Representation of audio-immersive technology company in preferred stock financing of approximately $12 million.
- Representation of last-mile solution robotic delivery company in cross-border corporate reorganization and convertible note financing of approximately $4.5 million.
- Representation of employee benefits administration firm in sale of equity for approximately $38 million.
- Representation of private investor in acquisition of film production company for approximately $1.6 million.