Sean Greaney is partner of the Firm.
Sean served as an Associate of the Firm from 2010 to 2013, and rejoined the Firm in 2014. Prior to rejoining the Firm, Sean acted as Corporate Counsel to Beats by Dr. Dre (acquired by Apple Inc.). In his role at Beats, Sean supported the operations, marketing, engineering, facilities and finance teams in all legal matters, including:
- Advised operations team on all global supply chain matters, including supplier relationships, business strategies and related policies.
- Supported marketing team on marketing partnerships, talent, licensing and co-branding arrangements.
- Partnered with facilities team on general administration matters and all matters related to Beats’ move to its new Culver City headquarters.
- Drafted and negotiated all agreements supporting $1.4B+ in revenue: manufacturing and supply agreements, tooling agreements, development agreements and logistics agreements, talent agreements, royalty agreements, licensing agreements, co-branding agreements, construction agreements, master services agreements and NDAs.
Sean’s practice focuses on corporate transactions, mergers and acquisitions, private equity transactions, and general corporate matters for both public and private clients, focusing on middle-market, emerging growth and development stage companies. In addition, Sean counsels companies in connection with company formation process, SEC reporting requirements and registrations, federal and state securities laws and compliance, corporate governance issues, joint ventures, employee incentive plans and executive employment agreements.
Sean received two B.A. degrees from California State University, Fullerton in 2004 and his J.D., cum laude, from Pepperdine University School of Law in 2007. He is admitted to practice law in the State of California.
practice & experience
- Corporate Counsel at Beats by Dr. Dre (acquired by Apple Inc.) supporting global operations, marketing, engineering, facilities and finance teams in all legal matters.
- acting in the role of outside general counsel to numerous venture-backed and early stage growth companies, including advising on formation, financing, employment and equity incentive plan matters.
- serving as lead counsel in numerous mergers and acquisitions, dispositions and other strategic transactions.
- advising companies on joint venture arrangements, including matters related to joint venture operating agreements, stockholders agreements, buy-sell agreements and executive employment agreements.
- advising companies with respect to all commercial contracts, including development, licensing, manufacturing, distribution, marketing, branding and consulting agreements both domestically and internationally.