Sean Greaney is a Partner of the firm and a member of the firm’s Venture Capital and Emerging Growth Practice group and the firm’s Mergers and Acquisition Practice group. Sean’s practice focuses on advising startup, emerging growth and middle-market companies across a spectrum of industries in venture capital and other financings, mergers and acquisitions, commercial deals and general corporate matters.
Sean also serves as outside general counsel for many of his clients. In this role, Sean works directly with the client’s board of directors and executive management team on strategic objectives, risk management and day-to-day business matters.
In addition to his legal expertise, Sean served as corporate counsel for beats by Dr. Dre (acquired by Apple Inc.) where he was part of a four-person legal team supporting $1.5B+ in annual revenue. He acted as lead legal partner to multiple domestic and international company functions, including operations, compliance, e-commerce, marketing, human resources, accounting/finance and facilities. Sean led the successful restructure of Beats’ global supply chain and drafted and negotiated numerous commercial contracts, including consulting, licensing, talent, co-branding, distribution, manufacturing, logistics, facilities and service agreements.
Practice & Experience
- Represented FivePals, Inc. (dba Alice) in its $26 million Series B financing, led by Expedia, Inc.
- Represented Bestow Inc. in its $15 million Series A financing, led by Valar ventures, with participation from existing investor New Enterprise Associates (NEA)
- Represented FivePals, Inc. (dba Alice) in the creation of its form hotel SaaS agreement. Successfully negotiated and closed hundreds of SaaS agreements with domestic and international hotels
- Represented cosmetic company in the negotiation and successful closing of its exclusive manufacturing agreement for the Kylie Jenner cosmetic line
- Represented Fanbank, Inc. in its $5 million Series Post-Seed financing
Education, Admissions And Accolades
- Two B.A. degrees from California State University, Fullerton
- J.D., Pepperdine University School of Law – graduated cum laude
- Admitted in the State of California
Insights & Features
Mergers & Acquisitions
Mergers & Acquisitions