Scott Galer is a Partner at Stubbs Alderton & Markiles, LLP and co-chairs the Firm’s Mergers and Acquisition Practice group.
Scott’s practice focuses on counseling private and public middle-market and emerging growth companies in areas of mergers and acquisitions, securities offerings, joint ventures, complex brand and technology licensing and other strategic business arrangements.
Scott has expertise in managing a wide variety of corporate and financial transactions, including mergers, stock and asset acquisitions and dispositions, roll-up and spin-off transactions, debt and equity financings (representing issuers, lenders and investors), secured lending transactions, public offerings (representing both issuers and investment bankers) and financial restructurings.
Scott is experienced in negotiating and drafting a wide range of business arrangements, including merger agreements, purchase agreements, loan and credit agreements, joint venture agreements, complex brand and technology licensing agreements, marketing and endorsement agreements, manufacturing and distribution agreements and numerous other general corporate and commercial contracts for companies in a variety of industries.
In addition, Scott has expertise in advising emerging growth companies from formation through their various stages of growth, including formation, seed and venture capital financing, complex operating and stockholder agreements, employment contracts and equity incentive arrangements. Scott also counsels and advises companies in connection with 34 Act reporting requirements, corporate governance, federal and state securities laws, and other issues that commonly arise for companies while operating their businesses, as well as during the process of corporate and financial transactions.
Scott has over twenty-five years of experience counseling and serving as a strategic advisor and partner to companies at all stages along their evolutionary path, and prides himself as being highly responsive to his client’s needs.
Practice & Experience
- Represents clients in various types of disputes, including breach of contract claims, breach of fiduciary duty claims, trade secrets, partnership disputes, real estate, and complex commercial disputes, in federal and state court, and in arbitration proceedings.
- Prepared for and second chaired a two-week arbitration proceeding on behalf of a pharmaceutical company in a bet-the-company case.
- Successfully argued a motion to transfer on behalf of a client in an intellectual property dispute, transferring the matter from the united states district court for the central district of california to the southern district of New York.
- Drafted various successful ex parte applications/requests for relief, including ex parte applications to continue trial and confirm the sale of real property, and an ex parte request for relief to take preliminary discovery of an opposing party.
Education, Admissions And Accolades
- B.A., summa cum laude, in Business/Economics from the University of California at Los Angeles
- J.D. from Harvard Law School
- Admitted to practice law in the State of California
Insights & Features
Venture Capital & Emerging Growth