Co-Chair of the Mergers & Acquisitions Practice
Direct Voice/Fax/Text: 818.444.4513
Scott Galer is a Partner at Stubbs Alderton & Markiles, LLP and co-chairs the Firm’s Mergers and Acquisition Practice group.
Scott’s practice focuses on counseling private and public middle-market and emerging growth companies in areas of mergers and acquisitions, securities offerings, joint ventures, complex brand and technology licensing and other strategic business arrangements.
Scott has expertise in managing a wide variety of corporate and financial transactions, including mergers, stock and asset acquisitions and dispositions, roll-up and spin-off transactions, debt and equity financings (representing issuers, lenders and investors), secured lending transactions, public offerings (representing both issuers and investment bankers) and financial restructurings.
Scott is experienced in negotiating and drafting a wide range of business arrangements, including merger agreements, purchase agreements, loan and credit agreements, joint venture agreements, complex brand and technology licensing agreements, marketing and endorsement agreements, manufacturing and distribution agreements and numerous other general corporate and commercial contracts for companies in a variety of industries.
In addition, Scott has expertise in advising emerging growth companies from formation through their various stages of growth, including formation, seed and venture capital financing, complex operating and stockholder agreements, employment contracts and equity incentive arrangements. Scott also counsels and advises companies in connection with 34 Act reporting requirements, corporate governance, federal and state securities laws, and other issues that commonly arise for companies while operating their businesses, as well as during the process of corporate and financial transactions.
Scott has over twenty-five years of experience counseling and serving as a strategic advisor and partner to companies at all stages along their evolutionary path, and prides himself as being highly responsive to his client’s needs.
Practice & Experience
- mergers and acquisitions
- stock purchase and sale transactions
- asset acquisitions and dispositions
- roll-up and spin-off transactions
- debt and equity financings
- secured lending transactions
- joint ventures
- limited liability company (LLC) operating agreements
- stockholder agreements; buy-sell agreements
- executive employment agreements
- options, profits interest and other equity incentive plans
- corporate governance
- brand development and licensing
- technology licensing and IP protection
- marketing and endorsement agreements
- manufacturing and distribution agreements
- commercial contracts
- financial restructurings
- seed and venture capital financings and other private placements
- public offerings
- securities regulation
Education, Admissions And Accolades
- B.A., summa cum laude, in Business/Economics from the University of California at Los Angeles
- J.D. from Harvard Law School
- Admitted to practice law in the State of California
Insights & Features