Scott Alderton is a founding partner of the firm, managing partner, and a member of the firm’s executive committee. Scott is also co-chair of the firm’s venture capital and emerging growth practice group.
Scott advises clients across a number of industries, including software, technology, digital media, interactive entertainment and video games, cyber security and life sciences.
Scott’s practice focuses on advising early stage to middle-market technology and emerging growth companies in all aspects of capital formation, venture capital and finance, corporate and securities laws, mergers and acquisitions, high technology, intellectual property, licensing, interactive entertainment and video games, the internet,digital media, manufacturing and distribution of goods in commerce and commercial contracts. Scott also regularly advises senior executive officers with respect to employment, compensation and equity incentives. Scott is frequently referenced as one of the top “start-up” lawyers in Southern California, and with over thirty years of experience working with technology and emerging growth companies at all stages along their evolutionary path, is sought out for his business as well as legal advice.
Scott is a frequent speaker on matters relating to technology, intellectual property, capital formation, capital raising transactions and emerging growth companies, and was formerly an adjunct professor of law at loyola law school, teaching securities regulation.
Insights & Features
Venture Capital & Emerging Growth
Practice & Experience
- capital formation and finance, including seed and later stage venture capital;
- mergers, acquisitions and divestitures;
- software (including SaaS) and other technology licensing;
- commercial contracts, including distribution and marketing agreements;
- executive employment agreements;
- technology transfer from universities and private institutions;
- securities regulation;
- interactive entertainment and video games;
- electronic commerce;
- development, acquisition and clearance of rights in intellectual property (particularly with respect to information technology, the internet and digital media); and
- life sciences.
Education, Admissions And Accolades
- B.A. from University of California at Los Angeles
- J.D., cum laude, from Loyola Law School
- Admitted to practice law in the state of California
- Best lawyers – Corporate Law: 2016, 2017, 2018; Venture Capital: 2016, 2017, 2018
- Super Lawyers 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018