Nicholas A. Rozansky
Nick advises and represents clients in several industries, including fashion and apparel, jewelry, banking and finance, and consumer products. Nick’s clients seek his advice across regarding the gamut of issues faced by their businesses, including pre-litigation and litigation matters, risk avoidance, collaboration deals, IP protection and business strategies. Nick serves as outside general counsel to many mid-market companies, and his passion is obtaining the best possible outcome for them in litigation. His litigation expertise led to his recognition as a “Top 100 Super Lawyer” from 2017-2022, and a “Best Lawyer in America” every year since 2016.
In business litigation, Nick handles significant high-stakes cases including partner and shareholder disputes, serious frauds, trademark and copyright infringement disputes, and contract cases. Nick is regularly consulted by various publications for comments regarding litigation, including the Astroworld tragedy, cases relating to Covid-19, and issues relating to trademarked content on Instagram.
Opposing counsel know Nick will not shy away from a battle when that becomes necessary; however, Nick is always aware of his clients’ budgets and litigation objectives. Because of this, Nick will frequently file motions, including writs of attachment, motions to dismiss, and summary adjudication, designed to win his clients’ cases early on. While cases frequently settle, Nick has taken several to trial and to the appellate courts.
In his personal life, Nick serves on the Board of Directors for the Crohn’s and Colitis Foundation, where he has raised many millions of dollars, and serves on the Board of Trustees of National Jewish Health in Colorado, where he has also raised significant money. Nick enjoys going to sporting events and concerts, and traveling with his wife and sons.
Practice & Experience
- Successfully represented a major bottled water company in a lease dispute, which led to a multi-million dollar discount on the eventual land purchase.
- Successfully represented Jack Osbourne against his former partners in connection with “The Osbournes.”
- Won a major injunction on behalf of a Formula One racecar company in a trademark dispute.
- Pursued a major multi-state civil RICO, which eventually settled for the entire amount the client lost, on behalf of a client who had been defrauded.
- Arbitrated a partnership dispute that settled on very favorable terms after the opposing party suffered blistering cross-examination at the arbitration hearing.
- Closed multiple collaboration and license agreements on behalf of several fashion companies.
- Represented landowners and tenants in major commercial lease disputes.
- Successfully represented a regional bank against the FDIC.
- Successfully pursued multiple fraud cases through the civil and bankruptcy courts on behalf of banks, factors, and businesses.
Education, Admissions And Accolades
- B.A. from University of California, Santa Barbara
- J.D. from University of San Francisco
Admitted to practice law in the State of California.
- Named “Top 100 Super Lawyer” 2017-2022
- Named “Best Lawyer in America” in U.S. News and World Report 2015-2021
- “Leaders in Law” Los Angeles Business Journal (2019-2020)
- Humanitarian Award, 2019 National Jewish Health
- “Best Lawyers in America” (2016-Present)
- Thomson Reuters Southern California “Super Lawyers” (2015-Present)
- Thomson Reuters Southern California “Super Lawyers – Rising Stars” (2005-2007, 2010-2011, 2013)
- Los Angeles County Bar Association
- Board Member Los Angeles Chapter, Crohn’s and Colitis Foundation
- Trustee, National Jewish Health
- President, The Professionals Club (2016-2017)
- Member, The Professionals Club (2013-2017)
- Honoree for Outstanding Commitment to the Community, Former Board Member, IBD Support Foundation (2014)
- Author of “’So Sue Me’: The Kanye West Guide to Using Celebrity Images in Your Music Video” featured in Forbes
- Contributing Author of “’Volvo’” Instagram Lawsuit Exposes Social Media Copyright Nuances” featured in Forbes
- Author of “Nike’s Converse ITC Strategy a Mixed Bag” IP Watchdog