Direct Voice/Fax/Text: 818.444.4506
Neil Elan is an Associate in the Business Litigation Practice group.
Neil Elan’s civil litigation practice focuses on all areas of business and commercial litigation, with a particular emphasis on business dissolution, buy-sell agreements, prosecution and defense of breach of contract and promissory note actions, business torts, unfair business practices, fraud, and Anti-SLAPP. In his civil litigation practice, Neil represents real estate developers, limited liability companies, closely-held corporations, financial institutions, entertainment producers, commercial landlords and business owners.
On occasion, Neil Elan also handles various civil and probate family-law cross-over matters, including those related to elder abuse and palimony actions.
Neil understands that each case is more than just a file–it is a story with moving parts, complicated personalities, and rapid needs. He strives to protect the fast-moving, cutting-edge business and interest needs of his clients and is committed to finding creative and effective solutions. He understands that litigation is not for the faint of heart, and prides himself in ensuring that the client’s legal—and business—needs are well protected.
Neil Elan has been honored as a Thomsen Reuter’s Super Lawyers Rising Star from 2016-2020, a recognition that no more than 2.5% of the lawyers in the State receive
Insights & Features
Practice & Experience
- Represented a top global private equity firm in multiple multistate arbitrations involving equity structure, carry, cross-collateralization, and unallocated expenses
- Represented various international media companies in litigation with several production companies over financing and distribution of foreign films
- Represented limited partner in dispute against adverse limited partner involving a buy-sell agreement for a multi-million dollar property
- Represented leading automotive group in dispute against municipalities and third parties concerning the fraudulent transfer of city property granted pursuant to a development agreement
Education, Admissions And Accolades
- J.D., Loyola Law School, Los Angeles, where graduated at the top 15% of his class as a member of St. Thomas More Law Honor Society
- Staff Member and Note and Comment Editor of the Loyola of Los Angeles Law Review
- B.A, University of California, Berkeley, where he graduated as a member of Phi Beta Kappa Honors Society with magna cum laude distinction
- Member of the California State Bar and the United States District Court Central District of California
- Named to the Southern California Super Lawyers Rising Stars lists from 2016-2020, a recognition that no more than 2.5% of the lawyers in the State receive.
- Admitted to practice law in the State of California