Angela Kwok is an Associate of the firm. Angela’s practice focuses on start-ups, venture capital financing, mergers and acquisitions, VC/PE fund formation and operations, and related tax matters.
She supports emerging companies in business structures, entity formations, general corporate and employee incentive matters, venture capital financings, and deal negotiations. Angela has managed numerous VC deals, including SAFEs, convertible notes, and seed to series A-E equity rounds.
Angela advises clients on mergers and acquisitions, as well as companies in the U.S. and China on cross-border VC investment and IP licensing transactions, joint ventures, and other forms of strategic partnerships. Being fluent in both English and Chinese, Angela has been able to help U.S. and Chinese companies successfully partner together through cross-border transactions, joint ventures, and other forms of partnerships.
Angela is also experienced in advising clients on fund formation and ongoing operations. She previously served as the sole counsel of a venture capital firm, where she was responsible for managing legal matters related to four main funds in various stages with AUM of US$2 billion and their investment portfolios in the high-tech industry in both U.S. and China.
Prior to joining the firm, Angela was an associate at a Silicon Valley law firm, and a general counsel of a pharmaceutical start-up. She also worked for other Silicon Valley-based law firms, and notably, was a part of PwC’s U.S. tax consulting group based in its Hong Kong office.
Education, Admissions And Accolades
- B.A. from Chinese University of Hong Kong
- J.D. from Santa Clara University School of Law
- LL.M. in Taxation from New York University School of Law
- Admitted to practice law in the State of California and New York
- Co-Chair of the Venture Capital Committee of Asian Pacific American Bar Association of Silicon Valley
- The Asian American Bar Association of the Greater Bay Area (AABA)
- The National Asian Pacific American Bar Association (NAPABA)