Tuesday, April 9th 6:30pm Fairmont Miramar Hotel – Santa Monica
$60 non members; Member’s fee vary by level. One drink and snacks included.
Parking is not included and we recommend using local public lots.
- Chair Emeritus – Tech Coast Angels
- Managing partner: Berkus Technology Ventures, LLC and Kodiak Ventures, LP
- Author: Extending the Runway and the Berkonomics series of books and blogs
- FCD Director of the Year – Early Stage Company
- Los Angeles County Technology Leader of the Year 2011
- Occidental College Business Person of the Year 2010
- Inc. 500 CEO twice – America’s Fastest Growing Companies
- 95 investments in early stage companies
- 97% Internal Rate of Return on Investments
An entrepreneur for over fifty years, Dave Berkus has formed and managed successful businesses and is a respected technology industry leader. Dave has worked with Fortune 500 companies down to start-ups, adding tremendous economic value and fostering emerging talent.Read more…
The Topic: Finding Alpha! 20 Lessons Learned in 20 Years of Angel Investing
Dave tells twenty stories of actual entrepreneurs who created amazing successes or spectacular crashes, and the lessons he learned from each experience. With over 95 angel investments since 1993, and serving on more than forty boards, some public, Dave has lots of great stories to tell and insights to impart. His spectacular investment returns over the years underscores his successes in selecting, coaching and positioning his portfolio companies for exits. Dave is asked to speak to angel, venture, civic, and corporate groups worldwide each year, and is in great demand for his knowledge of early stage corporate governance, trends in technology, and of course, for the many stories and insights he provides.