Practice Group Chair
The Firm advises Internet, Digital Media and Entertainment companies in all aspects of their corporate, strategic and licensing businesses.
The Firm’s Internet law practice focuses its business and intellectual property expertise on transactions occurring on the Internet and on mobile platforms. The Firm possesses significant experience in:
- the protection of copyrights, trademarks, domain names and trade secrets online;
- Internet and e-commerce matters; and
- technology, content and multimedia licensing, distribution, and marketing matters, including in connection with advertising and other revenue generation transactions, software and hardware bundling transactions, content licensing transactions for Internet and mobile platforms, co-marketing transactions and co-branding transactions.
The breadth of the Firm’s expertise, together with its representation of high profile Internet companies, highlights the Firm’s core competence in Internet law matters.
The Firm understands the importance of protecting and managing digital media content, whether through traditional server-based distribution mechanisms, or over peer-to-peer networks. The Firm’s digital media practice assists both technology companies and content owners structure the licensing and distribution of proprietary intellectual property, whether audio, photographs or video, on the Internet and on mobile platforms, including through content and multimedia licensing, distribution, and marketing. These transactions involve, among other matters:
- advertising and other revenue generation transactions;
- software and hardware bundling transactions;
- content licensing transactions for Internet and mobile platforms;
- co-marketing transactions; and
- co-branding transactions.
The Firm’s entertainment practice focuses its corporate, M&A and digital media expertise in assisting individuals (including actors, producers, directors, musical artists and athletes) and film, television and digital media production companies in various transactions, including, investment transactions, joint ventures and mergers and acquisitions.