Jonathan R. Hodes is a partner of the Firm, and co-chair of the Mergers and Acquisitions Practice Group.
Jonathan concentrates in the area of domestic and international business structures and operations with an emphasis on corporate law, securities, and general business law, including international cross-border transactions. He devotes substantial time to buy side and sell side mergers and acquisitions, management buy-outs, leveraged buy-outs, leveraged recaps, mezzanine and senior debt financing transactions, work-outs and secured lending and leasing transactions.
Jonathan’s experience includes a broad range of corporate work including complex public and private, domestic and international mergers and acquisitions with emphasis on middle market companies, purchases and sales of middle market companies, representation of emerging growth companies from inception through various tiers of venture capital financing and IPO’s and corporate finance transactions. He also works on private equity deals with emphasis on add on portfolio acquisitions to existing platforms, and dispositions of portfolio companies.
Jonathan’s practice also includes corporate, partnership and limited liability company formation and ongoing representation; as well as securities offerings including public, private, Rule 144A, and international Regulation S offerings as well as securities compliance matters. He has a broad range of industry experience in many industries, including biologics, money service business, television production and distribution, real estate developers, construction management, technology companies, hotel owners and operators, video game publishers, and the manufacturing sector.
Jonathan also handles equipment-leasing transactions and large project financing transactions, and the acquisition, development and financing of commercial and residential real property projects. He has represented large public and private companies and domestic real estate developers in major Southern California projects and joint ventures, including complex real estate financing transactions.
Jonathan received his A.B. from Cornell University and his J.D. from Rutgers University School of Law. He is admitted to practice law in the State of California.
practice & experience
- Advising private equity portfolio companies on strategic acquisition and disposition strategies and general corporate matters affecting day to day operations;
- Serving as outside general counsel to numerous companies in all their regular and recurring matters, including securities laws compliance, corporate governance matters, M & A activities, employment agreements for senior executives, stock option plans, executive compensation, establishment of template agreements for operational matters; distribution agreements for international product distribution, and other corporate matters;
- Advising companies on joint venture formation with hedge funds and associated domestic and international financing transactions;
- Advising on bank lending and financing transactions from the borrower’s side and the lenders side on both senior secured and mezzanine revolving credit and term loan credit facilities;
- Advising management on structuring and implementing management buyouts in high tech companies;
- Advising defense industry clients in international transactions and strategic alliances for joint production and development of military products;
- Advising on project financing transactions for real estate entitlement projects to be sold to retail public builders;
- Advising clients on commercial real property acquisitions, dispositions and commercial leasing transactions.