Direct Voice/Fax/Text: 818.444.9279
Wesley Monroe is an Of Counsel attorney at the Firm in the Business Litigation Practice.
Wesley is a seasoned business litigation and patent attorney representing clients large and small in high stakes and complex subject matters. He has extensive experience in patent litigation, licensing, patent prosecution (obtaining patents from the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office and foreign patent offices) and rendering infringement and validity opinions. Wesley has also litigated copyright and trademark cases and represented numerous clients in trademark proceedings before the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office.
Wesley has obtained numerous wins including a summary judgment of patent noninfringement and defeating preliminary injunction motions.
Wesley Monroe’s technical background includes computer science, electronics, video, physics, and mechanical devices. He has represented companies in industries such as internet, computer software and hardware and electronics. Wesley Monroe is particularly adept at solving and unraveling the most difficult and complex legal perplexities as well as reconstructing and reverse engineering the operation of past technical systems and devices.
Wesley and his wife of 31 years are active supporters of Guide Dogs of America and have raised four guide puppies. They are also die-hard UCLA football and basketball fans (they met while living at the Sproul Hall dorm). They have two adult children.
Practice & Experience
- Successfully defended a consumer electronics manufacturer in two separate patent infringement suits, winning at both the trial court and the Federal Circuit Court of Appeals.
- Successfully litigated a patent infringement case against a client’s competitor to an advantageous position that allowed the client to acquire the competitor.
- Represented an importer accused of copyright infringement and received ruling entitling the importer to receive its attorney’s fees from the plaintiff.
- Represented a communications technology company in a patent infringement case, resulting in a very low and expedited settlement that allowed a proposed sale of the company to be consummated.
- Orchestrated the creation of a patent portfolio in the consumer electronics field that generated hundreds of millions of dollars in licensing revenue.
Education, Admissions And Accolades
- B.S, Mathematics/Computer Science, University of California, Los Angeles
- J.D., Loyola Law School
- Admitted to practice in California
- Admitted to practice in numerous Unites States district courts including the Central District of California, Northern District of California, and Eastern District of Texas.
- Admitted to practice law in the United States Court of Appeals for the Federal Circuit
- Registered Patent Attorney