Shanita Nicholas is an associate of the firm.
Shanita’s practice focuses on corporate transactions, corporate governance, mergers and acquisitions matters and other general corporate and business matters for private and public middle-market and emerging growth companies.
Shanita’s practice also includes representation of emerging growth companies from inception through various tiers of venture capital financing and corporate finance transactions. She also works on private equity deals with emphasis on strategic acquisitions and private equity exits.
Prior to joining the firm, Shanita worked at international law firms within mergers and acquisitions for middle market private equity clients and within derivatives and mergers and acquisitions for large private equity clients.
Prior to her legal career, Shanita worked as an IT consultant at Booz Allen Hamilton, where she acted as a liaison between government clients and technical specialists. She is familiar with the requisition and RFP processes within government agents, having spent time developing them.
Shanita is founder of the Los Angeles Black Investors Club (LABIC) and a member of the Los Angeles venture association. LABIC is a 501(c)(3) with a mission to inform, exchange, and foster the development of entrepreneurial ventures through serving as a conduit to venture creation, capitalization, and capacity building for diverse communities.
Insights & Features
Practice & Experience
- Assisted with the representation of a cloud and mobile solutions provider being sold for approximately $10,000,000.
- Assisted with the representation of a skin care company in the sale of substantially all of its assets for approximately $3,000,000.
- Assisted with the representation of a technology company for a strategic distribution and licensing deal with a top client.
- Assisted with the representation of a technology company in a Seed Series of funding for $500,000.
- Assisted with the formation and governance of several emerging growth companies.
Education, Admissions And Accolades
- B.S. in Chemical Engineering, Columbia University
- JD and MBA from Columbia University Schools of Law and Business
- served as Operations Editor of the Columbia Business and Law Review
- Admitted to practice law in the State of New York and the State of California