Louis A. Wharton
Louis Wharton is a Partner of the firm. Louis’ practice focuses on advising venture capital funds and angel networks, along with middle-market, emerging growth, early-stage and public companies in corporate finance, mergers and acquisitions, securities compliance and general corporate matters.
Louis counsels clients in the technology, e-commerce, and digital media industries, among others.
Practice & Experience
- Structuring and negotiating venture-backed financing transactions;
- Strategizing with and negotiating on behalf of clients on a variety of public and private mergers, strategic stock and asset acquisitions and divestitures, both buy- and sell-side;
- Structuring and negotiating public offerings and private placements of both equity and debt securities, including PIPEs;
- Advising public clients on a variety of ’33 Act and ’34 Act compliance matters, including reviewing and filing current, quarterly and annual reports; and
- Counseling clients on other aspects of their business activities, including commercial transactions, executive employment agreements, incentive compensation and corporate governance.
Education, Admissions And Accolades
- B.A., cum laude, from Harvard University
- J.D. from Stanford Law School
- Admitted to practice law in the State of California
- Previously President of the Los Angeles Venture Association (LAVA)
- Previously President of the Preccelerator Program
- Previously member of Board of Trustees, San Fernando Valley Bar Association.