Louis A. Wharton is a partner of the firm and president of the Preccelerator Program. Louis’ practice focuses on advising venture capital funds and angel networks, along with early stage, emerging growth, middle market and public companies in corporate finance, securities compliance, mergers and acquisitions and general corporate matters.
He counsels clients in the technology, e-commerce, digital media and entertainment industries, among others.
Practice & Experience
- structuring and negotiating venture-backed financing transactions;
- structuring and negotiating public offerings and private placements of both equity and debt securities, including PIPEs;
- advising public clients on a variety of ’33 Act and ’34 Act compliance matters, including reviewing and filing current, quarterly and annual reports;
- strategizing with and negotiating on behalf of clients on a variety of public and private mergers (including reverse mergers), strategic stock and asset acquisitions and divestitures, both buy- and sell-side; and
- counseling clients on other aspects of their business activities, including commercial transactions, executive employment agreements, incentive compensation and corporate governance.
Education, Admissions And Accolades
- A.B., cum laude, from Harvard University
- J.D. from Stanford Law School
- Admitted to practice law in the State of California
- President and a member of the Board of Directors of the Los Angeles Venture Association (LAVA)
- Previously member of Board of Trustees, San Fernando Valley Bar Association.
Insights & Features
Louis A. Wharton
Mergers & Acquisitions
Venture Capital & Emerging Growth