Louis A. Wharton is a Partner of the firm. Louis’ practice focuses on advising venture capital funds and angel networks, along with middle market, emerging growth, early stage and public companies in corporate finance, mergers and acquisitions, securities compliance and general corporate matters.
He counsels clients in the technology, e-commerce, digital media and entertainment industries, among others.
Practice & Experience
- Structuring and negotiating venture-backed financing transactions;
- Strategizing with and negotiating on behalf of clients on a variety of public and private mergers, strategic stock and asset acquisitions and divestitures, both buy- and sell-side;
- Structuring and negotiating public offerings and private placements of both equity and debt securities, including PIPEs;
- Advising public clients on a variety of ’33 Act and ’34 Act compliance matters, including reviewing and filing current, quarterly and annual reports; and
- Counseling clients on other aspects of their business activities, including commercial transactions, executive employment agreements, incentive compensation and corporate governance.
Education, Admissions And Accolades
- B.A., cum laude, from Harvard University
- J.D. from Stanford Law School
- Admitted to practice law in the State of California
- Previously President of the Los Angeles Venture Association (LAVA)
- Previously President of the Preccelerator Program
- Previously member of Board of Trustees, San Fernando Valley Bar Association.
Insights & Features
Internet, Digital Media & Entertainment