Kelly Siobhan Laffey
Direct Voice/Fax/Text: 818.444.4538
Kelly Siobhan Laffey is Senior Counsel of the firm and the Director of Business Affairs at the Preccelerator.
Kelly’s practice focuses on advising emerging growth and middle market companies in the technology, digital, internet, interactive media (i.e., AR and VR), and entertainment industries. Kelly Laffey counsels clients on issues related to corporate governance and formation, venture capital and other financings, joint ventures, employee compensation, complex stockholder and operating agreements, securities law regulation and other general corporate matters. Kelly also advises investors and funds in connection with venture capital and other financings.
Kelly also counsels clients in connection with mergers and acquisitions matters, including asset and equity acquisitions and dispositions, cross-border transactions, spin-off transactions, secured lending transactions, financing restructurings and corporate reorganizations.
Drawing on her diverse work experience in the entertainment arena, including time spent with talent agencies, and music and television production companies, Kelly also assists on matters related to licensing, marketing, and exploitation of intellectual property rights.
Practice & Experience
- Representation of venture capital fund in multiple preferred stock financings ranging from $2 million to $12 million.
- Representation of electrical infrastructure and maintenance software-as-a-service company in preferred stock financings and convertible note financing with an aggregate $3.4 million raise.
- Representation of audio-immersive technology company in preferred stock financing of approximately $13 million.
- Representation of last-mile solution robotic delivery company in cross-border corporate reorganization and convertible note financing of approximately $4.5 million.
- Representation of employee benefits administration firm in sale of equity for approximately $38 million.
- Representation of fintech application development company in cash-out merger transaction for approximately $60 million.
- Representation of private investor in acquisition of film production company for approximately $1.6 million.
Education, Admissions And Accolades
- B.A. in Media Studies and Organizational Communication from Emerson College
- J.D. from Loyola Law School
- Admitted to practice law in the State of California and the State of Missouri
Insights & Features