Jonathan Friedman is partner at the firm.
Jonathan advises a wide range of both public and private clients, including development-stage, emerging-growth and middle-market companies as well as angel investors, venture capital firms and strategic investors. Jonathan’s practice focuses on corporate finance, mergers and acquisitions, securities law, intellectual property licensing and general corporate and business matters. Jonathan also has experience forming venture capital funds. Jonathan has represented corporations and other entities in a variety of industries, including Internet and e-commerce, apparel, medical devices, entertainment and high technology.
Jonathan has substantial experience managing strategic transactions, including private equity and debt financings transactions, mergers and acquisitions in the public and private markets, offerings by public companies and angel and venture capital financing transactions. In addition, Jonathan counsels companies in connection with SEC reporting requirements and registrations, federal and state securities laws, corporate governance issues, joint ventures and strategic alliances and commercial contracts. Jonathan also has expertise advising companies in their formation process.
As part of his practice, Jonathan facilitates cross-border financings, mergers and acquisitions and expansions by companies into new markets and works to promote bi-lateral trade opportunities between Canada and the United States that will result in the job creation, investment connection and trade partnership support.
Practice & Experience
- debt and equity financings
- seed and venture capital financings and other private placements, including ICOs
- mergers, acquisitions and divestitures
- cross-border transactions
- limited liability company (LLC) operating agreements
- fund formation
- stockholder agreements
- commercial contracts
- secured lending transactions
- financial restructurings
- brand development and licensing
- technology licensing and IP protection
- marketing and endorsement agreements
- manufacturing and distribution agreements
- securities regulation
- executive employment agreements
- options, profits interest and other equity incentive plans
- 34 Act compliance
- corporate governance
- website compliance
Education, Admissions And Accolades
- Bachelor of Applied Science in Mechanical Engineering from the University of Toronto
- B.A. from the University of Toronto
- J.D. from the University of Toronto
- Admitted to practice law in the states of California, New York and Massachusetts
Insights & Features
Public Securities Practice