John McIlvery is a founder and partner of the firm. He chair’s the firm’s public securities practice group.
John’s practice is focused on corporate securities, mergers and acquisitions, venture capital financing, and general corporate and business matters.
John has represented clients in a wide variety of industries and businesses, including Internet and e-commerce, apparel, medical device, semiconductor, biotech, entertainment, technology and manufacturing. He has represented these companies from inception through initial and start-up financing, venture capital financing, initial public offering and ultimate sale.
Insights & Features
Practice & Experience
- Private placements of equity and debt securities, including venture capital and angel financings, PIPEs, initial public offerings, secondary offerings, rule 144A debt offerings and other capital market transactions
- Public and private company mergers and acquisitions, including tender offers and going private transactions
- Strategic partnering arrangements and other joint ventures
- Wide range of general corporate issues, including executive employment agreements, stock incentive plans, licensing agreements, and various commercial contracts
- All aspects of securities law compliance and corporate governance matters for publicly-held companies
Education, Admissions And Accolades
- B.A. in Business Administration, University of Southern California – graduated summa cum laude
- J.D., Boalt Hall School of Law, University of California at Berkeley
- Admitted in the State of California