David Stoops is an associate of the firm. David’s practice focuses on all aspects of corporate transactions, including mergers and acquisitions, securities law compliance, public and private debt finance, and general corporate governance matters for both public and private companies. David represents emerging growth companies from inception through various tiers of venture capital financing and corporate finance transactions. In addition, David’s experience encompasses private equity transactions ranging from strategic acquisitions to initial public offerings.
Prior to joining the firm, David was an associate at an international law firm where he represented public companies and large private equity clients in the areas of mergers and acquisitions, capital markets and complex debt and equity financing transactions.
Practice & Experience
- Represented a VR entertainment provider in its acquisition of intellectual property assets and Series A financing.
- Represented a private equity sponsor in its $115 million acquisition of an international private company.
- Represented a global biopharmaceutical company in its $25 million strategic acquisition of a private company.
- Represented a public business development company in its public and private debt offerings.
Education, Admissions And Accolades
- J.D., University of California, Los Angeles, School of Law
- Earned specializations in Business Law & Policy, Mergers and Acquisitions, Securities Regulation, Taxation, and Law & Philosophy
- Served as Managing Editor and Staff Member of the UCLA Law Review
- Externed for the Honorable Henry duPont Ridgely of the Delaware Supreme Court
- B.A. in Philosophy, University of California, Berkeley