Co-Chair of the Venture Capital & Emerging Growth Practice
Direct Voice/Fax/Text: 818.444.4540
Caroline Cherkassky is a Partner of the Firm and is co-chair of the firm’s Venture Capital and Emerging Growth practice group.
Caroline’s practice focuses on advising venture capital firms, angel investors and emerging growth, development stage, and middle market companies on a variety of matters, including venture capital and other financings, employee compensation, securities laws compliance, technology transactions, mergers and acquisitions, stockholder agreements, equity incentive plans, corporate governance, and other general corporate matters.
Caroline Cherkassky regularly serves as outside general counsel to early-stage companies and also advises executives regarding employment and compensation matters. Caroline is a frequent speaker on fundraising essentials for emerging growth companies.
Practice & Experience
- HelloTech in its Series A financing, its acquisition of Geekatoo, and general corporate matters;
- Netki, Inc. in its Series Seed financing and general corporate matters;
- Consortia Health Holdings, Inc. in its Series A financing and general corporate matters;
- Morpheus Ventures in various investments including its Series B investment in Bridg, Inc. and its Series A investment in Tagnos, Inc.;
- Atomico in various investments including its Series D investment in MasterClass its Series C investment in Clutter Inc.;
- Colle Capital Partners in various investments including its Series A and Series B investments in Sensydia Corporation;
- Malauzai Software in various venture financings and its sale to Finastra.
Education, Admissions And Accolades
- B.A. in Economics from Stanford University
- J.D. from Stanford Law School.
- Admitted to practice law in the State of California.
- Speaker at Plugin South LA’s Digital & Beyond in LA – 2017
- Speaker at Preccelerator – Fundraising Essentials: Term Sheets 101
- Speaker at UCLA Law School’s “Law & Entrepreneurship” Conference, 2018
Insights & Features