John McIlvery is a founder and partner of the Firm. He chair’s the Firm’s Public Securities practice group.
John’s practice is focused on corporate securities, mergers and acquisitions, venture capital financing, and general corporate and business matters.
John has represented clients in a wide variety of industries and businesses, including Internet and e-commerce, apparel, medical device, semiconductor, biotech, entertainment, technology and manufacturing. He has represented these companies from inception through initial and start-up financing, venture capital financing, initial public offering and ultimate sale.
John received his B.A., summa cum laude, from the University of Southern California and his J.D. from the Boalt Hall School of Law, University of California at Berkeley. He is admitted to practice law in the State of California.
practice & experience
- private placements of equity and debt securities, including venture capital and angel financings, PIPEs, initial public offerings, secondary offerings, Rule 144A debt offerings and other capital market transactions;
- public and private company mergers and acquisitions, including tender offers and going private transactions;
- strategic partnering arrangements and other joint ventures;
- a wide range of general corporate issues, including executive employment agreements, stock incentive plans, licensing agreements, and various commercial contracts; and
- all aspects of securities law compliance and corporate governance matters for publicly-held companies.